Introduction to Electric / Power
A starting point for learning more about how electric / power concerns relate to IT – provides links to several vendors as well as various articles.
- UPS System Buying Guide. Tripp-Lite.
- Provides basic introduction to UPS systems. Covers voltage of equipment, line-interactive vs. on-line, pure sine wave output, and more.
- PDU Buying Guide. Tripp-Lite.
- Discusses different types of PDUs (e.g. basic, metered, monitored, switched, ats, and hot swap), horizontal vs. vertical, and dual circuit capability.
- Marshall Brain, William Harris, Robert Lamb. How Electricity Works. HowStuffWorks, 2004.
- Volts/Amps/Watts Converter – Provide two out of the three and the calculator will return the value of the third.
- APC (Schneider)