Ubiquiti Firmware Release Notes: 126.96.36.19987
Here is my second attempt at creating a useful summary of release notes from Ubiquiti’s official release notes.
Some Helpful Notes
- The abbreviation UAPG1, UAPG2, UAPG3 standard for UniFi Access Point Generation 1, 2, 3 respectively Generation 3 includes UAP-AC-HD while Generation 2 includes UAP-AC-M and UAP-AC-M-Pro, I am unclear on where other devices fit generation wise.. See here.
Changes from 3.7.58 to 188.8.131.5287
- UAPG3 and UAPG2
- Fixed issue causing less than expected throughput in recent releases.
- Wireless Uplink v3.* (Anyone know the differences between v1, v2, v3 and if any docs are available?)
- Enable wireless uplink v3 for models which support wireless uplink.*
- baresip improvements.
- Basic switch QoS support.*
- Add address resolution logic (ARL) caching support. (Is this equivalent to Address Resolution Protocol (ARP))?
- UAP (aka User Access Point)
- USW (aka Ubiquiti Switch)
- Fix a memory leak.
- Fix an issue with fast-apply script when applying IGMP snoop settings.
- Add 802.1X (port-based Network Access Control Protocol (PNAC)) MAC auth bypass support.*
- USL2 (unsure what this denotes?)
- Added support for US-L2-POE switches.*
- Added Power Supply Unit (PSU) fail detection support.*
- Support SHA512 password for SSH password in system.cfg (except 1st gen APs).*
- Pass HTTPS capabilities for fwupgrade process.
- Various improvements.
- Fix the issue preventing SSH login when the interface IP changed.