Skip to content
See the Official Release Notes
New Features in 5.9.29
- New Dashboard
- IPS Dashboard
- IPS Signature Suppression
- IPS Signature Categories Control
- Per Radio Uplink Control
- Speed and Duplex Config for USG Interfaces
- Fallback VLAN support for USW when using 802.1X
- Added local SSO login.
- Controller HD and Micro SD free space monitoring notifications
- Analytic Reporting.
- New Cloud Access Integration
New Features in 5.8.23
- Scheduled Upgrades Support – Currently in beta.
- Ability to add Site VPN Route Distance.
- Add WeChat as an authentication method to Hotspot.
- Added netconsole logging to config.
- Added speed and duplex config for USG interfaces.
- Added control for dnsmasq as DHCP server.
- Added Wi-Fi Happiness to client STA statistics.
- Added app switcher.
- Added BaseStationXG LED bar color control to the device properties panel.
- Allow setting opacity on Image-type maps.
- Allow setting Management VLAN at Access Points.
- Property Panel now shows images of most popular client devices.
- One can assign USG Physical Ports to Logical Networks.
- Local SSO login capabilities added.
Changes Since 5.8.28
- Added about popup
- Allow choosing which department to contact in chat window
- Hide Fast Roaming feature for WEP networks
- Fixed displaying IP address of gateway discovered by Discovery Tool
- Fixed migration issue
- Fixed a potential bug affecting autobackup on Windows 10
- Fixed a bug which caused unifi.yourdomain.com to be provisioned to devices for both the management and STUN URLs.
- No longer excludes all port forwarded ports from policy routing.
- Other bugs fixes and improvements.
Changes Since 5.8.20
- Added validation for Promotional URL input in Guest Control.
- Enabled RF scanning for UAP-nanoHD.
- Fixed a bug with AC-IW/IW-Pro provisioning which caused traffic to stop forwarding (only when the management VLAN and a WLAN VLAN are the same).
- Fixed RADIUS accounting for switching products.
- Fixed decoding UTF-8 characters over WebRTC.
- Fixed analytics graph display on Firefox in Hotspot Manager.
- Fixed default value for Outdoor Mode in batch AP configuration.
- Fixed property panel auto scroll after refresh.
- Fixed time range change after granularity modification on the Statistics Overview page.
- Fixed reversed TX/R client stats.
- Updated translations.
- Other backend bug fixes and improvements.
Changes Since 5.7.x
- Added description from mDNS.
- Added tooltip that DHCP DNS must be a valid IP address.
- Allow Facebook-based Hotspot authorization portal to be opened in Apple Captive Network Assistant.
- Allow setting mask /31 (255.255.255.254) for USG/WAN so as to be in compliance with RFC3021.
- Display warning when time series start day isbefore data retention settings for given granularity.
- Use the same tab order as switches for UAP-AC-IW.
- In the device list, invisible uplinks in uplink column after refresh.
- Switch stats shouldn’t allow one to select device managed by another.
- Prepopulate RADIUS Tunnel-Medium Type once “Virtual LANs (VLAN)” is selected.
- Fixed MAC auth provisioning so RADIUS assigned VLAN is set when its enabled in the RADIUS profile.
- Fixed devices disappearing from map when changing from legacy to designer without saving, also issue with changing map type from Google to image for a second time.
- Removed extra PHY port for USG-XG.
- Now show Hardware Offload as off when IPS is enabled, cannot be turned on.
- Expose HTTPS blocking for Facebook Wi-Fi portal.
- Other backend fixes and improvements.